1414 Kincaid Street
Eugene, Oregon 97401
This is a half-time position.
The Campus Pastor will:
- Shepherd and grow the student congregation, fostering an open, inclusive and welcoming atmosphere.
- Work to attract and retain students in the student congregation, including regular meetings, pastoral care, and mentoring, as well as providing opportunities for community service.
- Develop programs and strategies to address the spiritual needs of students including worship, Bible study and occasional retreats.
- Work with students individually and in small groups to promote spiritual growth.
- Offer informal counseling as needed, referring to University Health Center as appropriate.
- Assist students in the process of integrating Christian values into their daily lives.
- Build relationships with faculty and staff providing comfort and encouragement as needed and extending assistance in times of crisis.
- Serve as a witness to social justice – sponsor occasional discussions, classes and/or meetings pertaining to vital current issues.
- Work collegially with chaplains and campus ministers in the community and regionally.
- Maintain relationships with area PC(USA) churches in an effort to invite their support for the Koinonia Center and to connect college students with local congregations.
- Attend, as appropriate, meetings of the Presbytery of the Cascades or other denominational committees.
- Maintain a relationship with the PC(USA) through the office of collegiate ministries and UKirk.
- Report to the Koinonia Center board and attend their meetings.
- Assist the Koinonia Center board treasurer with financial record keeping, budgeting and reporting.
- Participate actively in the University of Oregon Religious Director’s Association.
- Liaise with K14 building management and staff.