456 Spruce Street
Morgantown, West Virginia 26505
First Presbyterian-Morgantown seeks a solo pastor to lead a historic downtown church with a long history of community involvement and engagement, expects participatory, vibrant worship, strong educational leadership, and nurture of members' spiritual growth and care.
Its vision is for a ministry based on Biblical understanding and response to God's call, including student ministry and support, a town/gown relationship with West Virginia University, and a voice in community affairs.
It is a progressive congregation of many ages with a vision for ministry that cares for God's people, prioritizing social justice and inclusiveness, and is lived out through several activities and activisms, including but not limited to the following:
- Community Pancake Breakfast.
- Presbyterian Child Development Center.
- The Harless Center, a faith-based student housing ministry founded by the congregation.
- Empty Bowls, a community-wide campaign to feed the hungry that was begun by the congregation.
- Home of many recovery groups.
- Covenant Network membership.
- Multiple members who live out their call trying to make the community more inclusive and welcoming.
See MIF No. 09221.AF0
Church in college town