PO Box 98
Travelers Rest, South Carolina 29690
Position Summary: A great opportunity for any recent college graduate who is interested in exploring campus ministry and/or ministry generally. Self-starter with high level of energy; professional, relational, and organizational skills; strong attention to detail; and a keen ability to follow through with multiple concurrent projects while operating with a team mentality required. Housing and monthly stipend included!
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education: Bachelors’ degree
Experience: Proficiency in computing, desktop publishing, and social media skills necessary. Strong social skills to relate to students, staff, and board members necessary. Theological training ad non-profit and/or ministry experience preferred. If you enjoy cooking, that is a major plus!
- Development/Fundraising – Interns are responsible for raising their own funds for living expenses beyond the provided room and monthly living stipend.
- Programming – Assisting in the development of new programs and improvement of existing programs aimed at cultivating opportunities for Furman undergraduates and our other constituents to explore thoughtful Christian faith through conversation and community.
- Relationships – Relating extraordinarily well to students, faculty, Board of Directors, and other staff to accomplish the goals of the organization. Students will also establish a relationship with a local congregation (of their choice) and work closely with a mentor from that congregation.
- Personal Growth – In consultation with the Executive and Assistant Directors, interns will create their own “learning contract” and select an area of personal interests to explore through readings and experience. The intern will have designated funds set aside to develop a project during the course of their internship.
- Adheres to MCF rules, regulations, and policies.
- Support the mission of "promoting the thoughtful exploration of Christian faith through conversation of community" at Furman University and beyond.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Assists and supports others when needed.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, or duties associated with the job. This job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job. MCF reserves the right to revise the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed based on the organization's needs.
Campus-Based Minister (ministry meets in a building on/adjacent to campus)